UX Designer – SafeMotos
Do you believe Kinshasa could be the most exciting opportunity for technology in Africa? Join us.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our customers.
UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
This will be a competitively financially compensated job with the opportunity of fast career progression, the option of inclusion in an employee stock option plan and a view from the driver seat of a company that is attempting to use technology to positively transform the transportation system of Kinshasa and the DR Congo.
This position will be based in Nairobi and / or Kinshasa.
- Build pixel-perfect, smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Conduct user experience testing in coordination with operations to understand customer user habits
- Prepare and present practical recommendations of UX key findings and proposed improvements to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Problem solver.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Familiarity with design sprints and user centered designs
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Mockup and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Good understanding of user flows on mobile and web platforms
SafeMotos is an Uber for Africa’s informal taxi market. Launched in Rwanda in 2015, we are now expanding into Kinshasa with taxi motos, taxi voitures and other on demand services.
SafeMotos is a champion of the African startup ecosystem with its work recognized by National Geographic, the Guardian, the Economist, BBC, CNN and Le Monde among others.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]