Do you believe Kinshasa could be the most exciting opportunity for technology in Africa? Join us.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
This will be a competitively financially compensated job with the opportunity of fast career progression, the option of inclusion in an employee stock option plan and a view from the driver seat of a company that is attempting to use technology to positively transform the transportation system of Kinshasa and the DR Congo.
This position will be based from Kinshasa with a strong preference for hires familiar with the city.
- Build pixel-perfect, smooth UIs across both mobile platforms.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement. mission-critical software fixes
- Maintain code and write automated tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Transition existing React web apps to React Native.
- Problem solver.
- Experience with React, React Native and Redux
- Knowledge of functional and object-oriented programming.
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts.
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage.
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha.
- Experience with Firebase and React Native Firebase bindings such as Firestore, Real Time database and Remote Configurations.
- Experience with native development for iOS and Android preferred.
SafeMotos is an Uber for Africa’s informal taxi market. Launched in Rwanda in 2015, we are now expanding into Kinshasa with taxi motos, taxi voitures and other on demand services.
SafeMotos is a champion of the African startup ecosystem with its work recognized by National Geographic, the Guardian, the Economist, BBC, CNN and Le Monde among others.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]