Graphic Designer – SafeMotos
Do you believe Kinshasa could be the most exciting opportunity for technology in Africa? Join us.
Note: We are currently only accepting Kinshasa based applicants.
We are looking for a creative graphic designer with up-to-date knowledge to give a unified feel to our products and promotional materials. You will work on a variety of products, including websites, in app icons, social media, conventional advertising and other promotional campaigns
The goal is to visually present information in a unified and intuitive manner to our users and stakeholders.
This will be a competitively financially compensated job with the opportunity of fast career progression, the option of inclusion in an employee stock option plan and a view from the driver seat of a company that is attempting to use technology to positively transform the transportation system of Kinshasa and the DR Congo.
- Sit in on conceptual design meetings and offer educated opinions
- Determine voice and messaging for graphic design pieces
- Advise on best practices and optimizations throughout design projects
- Select colors, font, images, and layout
- Create visualizations (either by hand or via a software program) which convey accurate messaging and undertones as dictated by the project
- Develop product illustrations, logos, website graphics, etc. as needed
- Present designs to stakeholders and applicable teams
- Implement feedback and changes when appropriate
- QA designs for errors
- Pass final design to development or publishing teams for release
- Problem solver.
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Proven graphic designing experience
- Possession of versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc)
- Highly proficient in all design aspects
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
SafeMotos is an Uber for Africa’s informal taxi market. Launched in Rwanda in 2015, we are now expanding into Kinshasa with taxi motos, taxi voitures and other on demand services.
SafeMotos is a champion of the African startup ecosystem with its work recognized by National Geographic, the Guardian, the Economist, BBC, CNN and Le Monde among others.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]