Front End Developer – SafeMotos
Do you believe Kinshasa could be the most exciting opportunity for technology in Africa? Join us.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
This will be a competitively financially compensated job with the opportunity of fast career progression, the option of inclusion in an employee stock option plan and a view from the driver seat of a company that is attempting to use technology to positively transform the transportation system of Kinshasa and the DR Congo.
This position will be based in Nairobi and / or Kinshasa.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Problem solver.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of AngularJS, TypeScript
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts.
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage.
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha.
- Experience with Firebase
SafeMotos is an Uber for Africa’s informal taxi market. Launched in Rwanda in 2015, we are now expanding into Kinshasa with taxi motos, taxi voitures and other on demand services.
SafeMotos is a champion of the African startup ecosystem with its work recognized by National Geographic, the Guardian, the Economist, BBC, CNN and Le Monde among others.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]