Do you believe Kinshasa could be the most exciting opportunity for technology in Africa? Join us.
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO) to design and oversee our company’s operations and processes. We are looking for someone with experience building companies in Kinshasa while also embracing the ‘solve the problem at hand’ startup mindset.
This will be a competitively financially compensated job with the opportunity of fast career progression, generous inclusion in an employee stock option plan and a view from the driver seat of a company that is attempting to use technology to positively transform the transportation system of Kinshasa and the DR Congo.
This position will be based from Kinshasa with a strong preference for hires familiar with the city.
- Be a member of the SafeMotos management team who takes part in strategic business decisions.
- Guide SafeMotos through the Kinshasa business environment.
- Design processes, best practice standards, and functions for our operations in Kinshasa. As well, ensure their continuous improvement.
- Manage daily operations including processes, driver supply and customer demand.
- Manage operation team and track their performance.
- Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits for SafeMotos existing and future products in the Kinshasa market.
- Work cross-functionally to identify opportunities that help the company to achieve strategic priorities.
- Built deep relationships with external key stakeholders in the DRC market.
- Evaluate strategic and partnership opportunities via quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Lead analysis on business intelligence and to inform important strategic decisions in growing the business.
- Grow number of daily trips, customer base, driver network, and profit in an uncertain environment.
- Oversee budgets, performance metrics, and financial data to reach profitability and growth targets.
- Problem solver.
- Deep business experience in Kinshasa and the DRC.
- Senior operational experience in a similar position.
- Fluent in English, French and Lingala.
- Strong analytical mindset and know how to perform data analysis.
- Deep understanding of business dashboards and key metrics.
- Energetic and communicate your enthusiasm to others.
- Interested in the positive role technology can have in Kinshasa and the DRC.
- Patient and conflict resolution skills.
SafeMotos is an Uber for Africa’s informal taxi market. Launched in Rwanda in 2015, we are now expanding into Kinshasa with taxi motos, taxi voitures and other on demand services.
SafeMotos is a champion of the African startup ecosystem with its work recognized by National Geographic, the Guardian, the Economist, BBC, CNN and Le Monde among others.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]