Do you believe Kinshasa could be the most exciting opportunity for technology in Africa? Join us.
We are looking for a driven Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to develop SafeMotos’ marketing strategy and vision for Kinshasa, develop a street team, oversee all marketing operations of the company and develop our sales channels. We are a startup and we expect you to have the ‘solve the problem at hand’ mindset.
This will be a competitively financially compensated job with the opportunity of fast career progression, generous inclusion in an employee stock option plan and a view from the driver seat of a company that is attempting to use technology to positively transform the transportation system of Kinshasa and the DR Congo.
This position will be based from Kinshasa with a strong preference for hires familiar with the city.
- Be a member of the SafeMotos management team who takes part in strategic business decisions.
- Have a deep understanding of the Kinshasa consumer mindset.
- Direct marketing research for the Kinshasa market and define, plan and execute marketing strategies for multiple products that will contribute to develop the brand and engage customers.
- Build, lead, manage and incentivize the team of SafeMotos street team (sales).
- Plan and organize marketing functions with our COO to ensure the company is reaching its strategic objectives.
- Define a data driven marketing plan and manage its day-to-day implementation.
- Create and coordinate promotional campaigns, communications, social media, partnerships, and events.
- Represent SafeMotos in events, media, and to relevant stakeholders.
- Review on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis key insights and measure outcomes from the marketing activities. Conduct analysis for marketing actions.
- Ensure that marketing activities are accountable to company goals and match our target KPI’s.
- Problem solver.
- Experience leading teams
- Deep marketing experience in Kinshasa and the DRC.
- Senior marketing experience in a similar position.
- Fluent English, French and Lingala.
- Strong analytical mindset and know how to perform data analysis.
- Deep understanding of business dashboards and key metrics.
- Energetic and communicate your enthusiasm to others.
- Interested in the positive role technology can have in Kinshasa and the DRC.
- Patient and conflict resolution skills.
- Is a positive if you have experience in design and design software
SafeMotos is an Uber for Africa’s informal taxi market. Launched in Rwanda in 2015, we are now expanding into Kinshasa with taxi motos, taxi voitures and other on demand services.
SafeMotos is a champion of the African startup ecosystem with its work recognized by National Geographic, the Guardian, the Economist, BBC, CNN and Le Monde among others.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]