Do you believe Kinshasa could be the most exciting opportunity for technology in Africa? Join us.
We are looking for a Node.js Developer responsible for working on microservices that abstract business elements and managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of business logic, server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the data models, controllers and repositories, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, an understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
This will be a competitively financially compensated job with the opportunity of fast career progression, the option of inclusion in an employee stock option plan and a view from the driver seat of a company that is attempting to use technology to positively transform the transportation system of Kinshasa and the DR Congo.
This position will be based from Kinshasa or Nairobi.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Implementation of business logic to match business needs
- Writing test first, reusable and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions which may include Postgres, Elastic Search, Kafka
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit, integration and acceptance tests with Mocha, Sinon, Supertest
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for it such as StrongLoop, Express, Loopback V4 required
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Less
- Understanding of database technology and experience with relational databases such as Postgres required
- Ability to integrate third party systems such as Firebase
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of running microservices in production
- Experience with app engine, Kubernetes engine, StackDriver
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of event driven architecture, basic understanding of Kafka, Pub/Sub models
- Fluent English, French and Lingala.
SafeMotos is an Uber for Africa’s informal taxi market. Launched in Rwanda in 2015, we are now expanding into Kinshasa with taxi motos, taxi voitures and other on demand services.
SafeMotos is a champion of the African startup ecosystem with its work recognized by National Geographic, the Guardian, the Economist, BBC, CNN and Le Monde among others.
Please send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]